Monday, September 13, 2010

4.0.1 Live on PTR

Patch 4.0.1 is now live on the public test realm. What does this mean? Well here it is.

Hunters
  • Five pets can now be stored with the hunter at all times. Any one of these five pets can be summoned via the Call Pet ability.
  • Focus has replaced mana as a new resource.
  • Hunters now start with a pet at level 1.
  • The Stable will now store 20 pets. If a pet is moved into the Stable, its talents are wiped.
Source

You can see the rest of the patch at the source. I have recently been able to download the PTR and have had a chance to play around with my hunter a bit. Unfortunately the computer I am currently using does not support World of Warcraft very well so everything is really laggy for me.

I started off using a survival spec and playing around with that a bit. Getting used to the new interface and everything. I do really enjoy the new look of the interfaces. They are fresh and sleek and provide a lot more information. As for playing around with my survival spec. It was kind of hard, not being able to see/use everything I'm used to on live with addons made it a bit hard to grasp. Overall I didn't feel like I was out of focus as much as I was expecting. 2-3 steady shots and I can fire Explosive Shot again. With the cooldown to Black Arrow it gives you plenty of time to prepare to shoot that again. Reshooting serpent sting will a take a bit to get used to after all those months of Chimera Shot, but if you are an avid survival fan, that won't be too hard.

My off spec I made into a BM of course, using my wolf. I must say I had a lot of fun with this. I didn't quite see the amount of damage other people were seeing, but I didn't play around with it for too long. But I do really like the fact that the deafult ui shows when you should pop focus fire. It's very clear on both the action bar and on the screen. With popping pretty much all cooldowns I was pretty much able to spam arcane shot and constantly get 10k non crits which seems outstanding.

All in all my first experience with 4.0.1 was really good. I can't wait until this hits live. I hope to have my personal desktop available soon so I can provide a better analysis of the new features.

Hyolith

No comments:

Post a Comment